Europe In or out?

RED STAG

I know outers have touched on the subject but hear goes

Just wondering what other people’s s thoughts are on Europe In or out?

The more I try to understand the Europe problem the more confused I get I am probably 80%for out.

If you would have asked me a few weeks ago 100%out would have been my reply just wondering what your thoughts are.

Admin sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section probably be better under jokes 

I am undecided, I think Cameron should've renegotiated the cap, agreement and fisheries agreement as part of any deal.

It puzzles me Cameron grand parents had a croft not too far from me, but he never seems to recognise or acknowledge that.

I would like to know if the farmers would still receive a subsidy from the Westminster, holyrood administrations,

After the way Europe shafted us in the bse cases I think stuff them,

It's a case of better the devil you know,

Do we want them outside the tent pissing in, rather than inside pissing out.

Atm, I am undecided .

Difficult one as I don't think anyone really would know the answer unless we got out .. Problem then is if it was the wrong option then there's no going back. At the mo we have the advantage of the pound being stronger against the euro so imports are cheaper on the oposite side of that you could blame this for the demise of manufacturing in the UK. One thing you can guarantee is if we leave things will be more expensive as the imports we rely on will go up as the pound falls and the rest of Europe will prob stop buying British as we have jumped ship. It may be a long slog to get our manufacturing back on track

Knowing how both party's are not the best at supporting the agricultural sector do you think they will match the subs and environmental schemes that the European farmers get.. If not then UK ag is going to have a struggle to compete and that will mean less work for us lot ..

Personally at these difficult times across the world I think we are better off with what we have got and not breaking important links with our allies over the next few years we may need their help a lot more than we think !!

• 2 months later...

Ok guys time for me to state my case,

I'm an outer.

I recall the bse crisis, the rest of the eu couldn't wait to ban our meat exports, the all colluded, bent us over and shafted us good and proper.

I don't recall other eu countries having their exports stopped indeed I went recall hearing of any cases,

So that's my reasoning,

Also I don't take kindly to being bullied by project fear,

I saw first hand it utilised in the referendum campaign.

I have always been very much undecided and I still am, but I am leaning more towards out. The problem being no one knows what out means. I think subsidies will be cut to farmers, but an mp I spoke to seems to think they would still be there. I am not old enough to rmeber anything but what we have. I do think there is a lot of beaurocracy involved with being in, but I don't think trade deals will be affected, other countries will still want our trade, one of th pe larger economies in Europe, we buy a lot from them, so they will be keen to,trade. As someone said to me, if you are happy with what Europe has done over the last 30 years then you want to vote in, but on the other hand they will continue down the same lines and it will keep going, more countries will join and that is my biggest worry.

I think from a business point of view we should stay, from a personal point of view and the future of my family maybe we are best out. I am not a fan of free movement, I think it should be restricted.

So I am currently on the out camp. In an ideal world I would like to see the out votes winning and then Europe backing down and saying don't leave we want you and we will be in a better position to negotiate. However I feel that the remain vote will win and I would say it will be about 65 percent stay and 35 percent leave. There are a lot of,other countries not happy with the current situation and if we did leave I think it would lead to a lot of other countries having referendum. However by being first to vote others will,wait and see.

Frontrow, I think you will find its far closer, apparently they say Scotland is very much a vote to remain , though anyone I talk to has indicated they will vote out,

If they are banking on Scotland to swing the vote to remain in, then I think they have mis calculated badly.

I'm for out, the EU has made it clear that the future plan is for even closer Union and Im not sure that's such a good thing. I also don't like being governed by unelected people in Brussels. Whats the point in having an elected Parliament in Westminster if they take orders from Brussels.

As I say I am only guessing at those figures I put, we will have to wait and see, I would like it to be closer,but I think the larger corporations will hold a big swing with employees. I am still not fully decided as I say, but leaning towards out.

The problem to me is know one knows what will happen either way, it is all assumptions and a lot of scaremongering, no figures can really be given, and they are asking the likes of me to vote on something I don't fully understand. Anything could happen.

Archived