Protech 200s

tommy7840

I have had my wrag for around 8 years or so and it has been very good.I would say the steel used in a wrag is very good as mine has no cracks.The paint finish is also very good.I just wanted a bigger machine with a bigger weight and telescopic really.Im not sure yet if i need a rock spike.Any views on rock spikes?

Hi Tommy

Like yourself i have been using a Wrag, 200kg weight and sideshift

I have just purchased a Protech 300s, 350kg weight and rock spike

Reason i went for Protech is that i think there sideshift system will be handier than the Wrag

Job we are on just now, Wrag was not fit to knock in turner, so going to attempt with Protech when it arrives

Will let you know how i get on, if i were you i would go for rock spike whatever you choose to buy

Iv never used a Wrag but I'm a huge fan of Protech, they are good to deal with and nothing is too much trouble.

Rock spike:- I wouldn't be without mine now but they are hard on machines

Tele mast:- superb very smooth action and easier on the tractor hydraulics than the old swinging arm

Paintwork:- they are painted but its not going to be the quality you are used to

I agree with Rob, Protech are good machines, I have two and used to have wrag which was also very good. The Telemast sold it to me with ability to knock 10ft posts easily which I couldn't with the wrag. If your a contractor you have to be able to do what the farmer cant so you need a rockspike and also handy for pulling out posts as is the telemast. Bigger weights are handy too, ive got a 300 and 350 and that is plenty. The wrag is very well finished though and mine after 4 years of hard work was in very good order with no repairs apart from the post plate, the paintwork is the only thing to let the protech down.

Hello guys i went down to protech yesterday and im sold on the 230s which seems it would suit us best.I would like a 300s but i think it would be to heavy for our steeper herefordshire ground we do.The 230s i will be going for has a 300kg weight,rock spike and telescopic which will be ideal for our work.But i agree the wrag machines are good ours has been excellent and the paint finish is very good which you dont get with the protech but they are local and are very good to deal with.

Hello guys i went down to protech yesterday and im sold on the 230s which seems it would suit us best.I would like a 300s but i think it would be to heavy for our steeper herefordshire ground we do.The 230s i will be going for has a 300kg weight,rock spike and telescopic which will be ideal for our work.But i agree the wrag machines are good ours has been excellent and the paint finish is very good which you dont get with the protech but they are local and are very good to deal with.

we are in the Lake district and run the 400s with a Same 100.6 on the front of it. We filled the front tyres with water and its a solid as a rock on the steep fellsides

7840 will handle 300s no problem, my one arrived yesterday its not new but has been very well looked after

Cant believe how much of a help rock spike is

As i said in my previous post, had to give up with the wrag

Bash in rock spike bash in turner  no problem

Another thing i did today was put up stock net before posting

Think i will be doing this more often

Hello guys.I have ordered the protech 230s with telescopic beam,telescopic legs all round,rock spike and a 300 kg weight.I think it will suit us and our type of work really well.A lot of contractors around us are running the 200s so we have quite a bit bigger machine which is within budget.The 300s was going to be more money for a similar machine to what i have specified.We have bashed in four massive gate posts today with the wrag and i did find it hard going without a rock spike and only having a 200kg weight so im looking forward to the new machine!!!

Archived