tommy7840

Got a P10 and used on komatsu PC15 and our current volvo ec20, 1.5t and 1.8t weights. Honestly with the vari width tracks spread out on the ec20 i'm happy using most places but with the narrow fixed track on the old pc15 when we had it was fine using in line with tracks/blade but you turn sideways and it wasn't much fun.

9 yrs had ours, one of the best investments I've made and has earnt me more money on a return on investment basis than most of the other kit in the yard, just sits in the yard looking unloved until you get a job or part of a job you can't get the big machine to and suddenly its your best friend and remember why you put up with tripping over it all the time!

P10 works well on the little diggers, need 3t plus for the larger p18 or parmitter conversion I would expect. Just my opinion.

I think it would be a good tool.My cousin did suggest a auger but im not that keen on them really!! I would rather drive the post in and be done with it.The parmiter in question is one of the old side mounts with a 80kg weight.It has a spool block on it with a lever for up and down which is good.But im wondering if its a lost cause trying to get it to fit on the digger.Its obviously a cheaper option but it has to work!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting reading this, I have been toying with getting one for a while but keep getting told they're very unsteady. We have a Kubota u17 - 1.7t with expanding track frame and zero swing. I would imagine 100kg would be about the limit? Do you operate tours off foot pedal or spool on thumper?

Hi Laurence welcome to the forum,I use a mini digger all the time make a lot of my own kit,get the counter balance right and I get on really well one machine does all low operating costs and all kit towed to the site in one move,certainly not for everyone but serves my purpose very well,currently 160kg weight ok for my ground knocked some big stuff in eventually!!it seems to me it's more often wet than dry ground so small machine cope's stay in one place to knock three posts in for strainers all the best Mark

Has your Takeuchi got expanding tracks? If not it would not be advisable to use a post knocker on it unless you were on some good level ground my first digger didn't and I tipped it over lesson learned!! I build my own knockers' so I can then match them to the work I do it took me a long time to get it right but spot on now rock spike etc when needed all the best Mark.

Hello mark my digger does have expanding tracks and is really stable.I have got an edl post driver which is far to heavy for it as its of a three tonner.Fair play mark thats the way to do it building your own.Have you got any pictures of your post driver? Thanks mark.

Hello Tom I know your original question was about a Protek P10 I think I'm right in thinking that model does not have a leg so for me having a leg gives you far greater stability and arrest yourself if you get into trouble,I met another contractor who had a wragg machine on a 1.6ton machine that looked a good bit of kit as well he was very pleased with it have a word with Tim Wragg he seems very knowledgeable as are Protek,if you let me have your email I will send you photos of my setup cheers Tom Mark.

Hello mark.I agree with the leg being on the ground it makes a lot of difference.My old wrag wasnt very stable which was always a problem.I have an edl mast which i would like to sell to buy a more suitable machine.My email is tomeverall@hotmail.co.uk.Thankyou mark i will have a good look at your pictures when i recieve  them thanks mark.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived