First Aid Kits

Robbell

Whats everyone using?

We've had all sorts from one my father in law made up (retired Ambulance driver) to 10 man kits we purchases from the local agri dealer.

we needed a new kit and wanted something more substantial, lets face it, it could be my life its being used to save and finally came across SP Services. Got on their web site and finally found they do a forestry first aid kit 

https://www.spservices.co.uk/item/SPServices_ForestryCareEmergencyFirstAidKitinBlueBox_25_68_4200_1.html

https://www.spservices.co.uk/item/SPServices_ForestryCareEmergencyFirstAidKitinRedBackpack_25_68_4199_1.html

they are a bit pricey but so are the lives of my staff and if there was a death the paperwork would cost a lot more lol

It is an area that's left. I put a first aid kit in my van 10 years ago. It's a big one and I added other stuff. I should probably restock it as the contents will be out of date.

A paramedic also recommended that always have the gps or grid reference of where you are working, helps with the response times and helicopter landings if needed.

I think the gps is in tornado app, maybe this could be made more visibly available in an update. Assuming signal is available.

It's something you want on the job sheet prior to starting work really. Like insurance, hope you never use it but always there in case.

I agree Goaty. Although I am based in Cornwall there is a free app that will give you a grid reference. It's from the Devin Air Ambulance trust. I am pretty sure it will cover the UK. I have it on my phone and the signal is pretty bad in Cornwall and it gives the grid reference most times. Although takes its time when signal is poor it does get there. So if you launch it when you get to a job you should have a reference pretty quick. I saw it in he BASC magazine a while back. I just spread the word. Might be a lifesaver one day !! Just search Devon air ambulance on the App Store.

It is an area that's left. I put a first aid kit in my van 10 years ago. It's a big one and I added other stuff. I should probably restock it as the contents will be out of date.

A paramedic also recommended that always have the gps or grid reference of where you are working, helps with the response times and helicopter landings if needed.

I think the gps is in tornado app, maybe this could be made more visibly available in an update. Assuming signal is available.

It's something you want on the job sheet prior to starting work really. Like insurance, hope you never use it but always there in case.

You are right Goaty, Tornado Track uses your phones GPS .. Next update I will make sure we include a co-ordinates display, thanks for the idea

Paul

Archived