ear defenders

RED STAG

Just wondering what ear defenders you fellas are using?  any one gone down the road of custom ear plugs the type you see at game fairs for shooting ?

Been considering a pair for a while preferably electronic ones that enhance the human voice  but cut out loud noises, like everything else they not cheap  but you can’t buy new ears.

Standard ear defenders are ok but  sweaty in the summer when it arrives 

Just wondering what ear defenders you fellas are using?  any one gone down the road of custom ear plugs the type you see at game fairs for shooting ?

Been considering a pair for a while preferably electronic ones that enhance the human voice  but cut out loud noises, like everything else they not cheap  but you can’t buy new ears.

Standard ear defenders are ok but  sweaty in the summer when it arrives 

I use the stihl chainsaw helmet and fold up and away ones. Find them handy, as you have a hard hat and ear muffs in one. Think they are peltor ear defenders on my chainsaw helmet

Electric ones also amplify the wind! I have peltor ones with the radio but find signal is poor especially when operating machines, especially chainsaws! the batteries ran out a while ago and I haven't yet replaced them and stick to the Makita radio!

husqvarna ones with radio, (and also bluetooth available somehwere i think) are very very comfy and fit very well and great even on a windy cold day when you aren't doing anything loud but work well just keeping your head warm.

I bought some from lidl a good few years back and there one of the best buys I ever made. £25 and they have only just given up. very rarely did I never get signal. these electric ones that cut out, can you hear a radio playing still? Does all sound cut out when there is a load noise?

Archived