Kanga loader

S.C.S

Hi guys were thinking of getting a kanga 216 loader with an auger and some other attachments .it can fit through a garden gate and is on tracks , has anybody got experience with one or own one ? If so what are your thoughts ?

Mark

Hi, We have a 216. It's a handy tool in the right ground but has fairly low limits. Will drive a 9 inch auger in clay, chalk and loose ballast type ground. But no good in compacted flints or stiff ground with flints, the auger jams and blows the relief valve.

Because it is quite lightweight, if auger ing on a slope you want to be uphill bearing down on the auger. If you are downhill of the hole, you can't get any weight on the auger so have to climb on top for some weight transfer!

It is handy for moving materials about the site. Can load 40 arris rails in the tool carrier or hook a small trailer on and drag that around.

Stuart Coar at Kanga is a nice chap, give him a call and he might come out for a demo or recommend one in your area to go see.

Hope it works out for you

I wonder why you wouldn't just have a mini digger? They are in my opinion much more versatile and especially when augering, you can track in a straight line and on boards if need be and just slew round to get in the right position without screwing round and making a mess.

You can still pull a small trailer and dig a hole or trench. Also the kangas only just lift the auger high enough to clear the ground which makes it difficult when using an extension for deeper holes and you have to shunt around for every hole like having a rear mounted post driver on a tractor.

That's only my opinion though and I am sure they work well for what they are designed to do

I think it's a case of everything has its place in right environment, I like our 8 series, we can get on site without operator ticket as mentioned above. Also has the ability to change implements and do a lot with them. Some things are not much cop, but we have several bits some of which we made ourselves and some bought, we can take pallet tines, bucket, trencher rotovator and post puller, auger and concrete mixer to a job quite easily one one trailer so can get a lot done in right scenario. I think sometimes you buy something and make your business fit around it. We bought one after having a demo on some awful ground. We were digging 15 posts per man in 4 hours. We tried the machine and one man got 93 out in the afternoon, it made sense to us. Especially has we had another 430 to go. But like you say everyone has differnt needs. Sure they would demo one for you, they are a good company, although not always cheapest.

• 1 month later...

Hi we bought a 620d with 200hrs 7 years ago. It's paid for its self many times. It came with an auger (2 flights), 4:1 bucket, grab and pallet forks. £9k

Haven't used the little one, but as with all things at times you want/need something bigger, but all in all been brilliant kit, and if it doesn't work for you sell it!

Archived