Fencing comp

lee hampton

Sorry for the delay but this is all arranged by the National Sheep Association, Last week was all hands to the pumps for Scott Sheep Show but now its over they will be letting every one known after 1 pm today, once the e-mails have gone out we will post it on the forum.

Hi Everyone,

Am very sorry for the delay in draw for Fencing Competition I should have posted in here last week as Helen from NSA called to say she was up at Scot Sheep for most of the week and therefore would do the draw today.  (Sometimes could do with few more than 24hrs in a day)!

Firstly would like to thank everyone who has sent entry forms back in, cannot believe it seems more popular each time - unfortunately it does mean we had a lot more forms back than we have places for,  so i would ask if for any reason any of the teams who have been drawn out cannot attend please could you let us know as soon as possible as we have rather a big waiting list this year!

Cheques and forms will be sent back to the ones who unfortuantely have not been drawn, but we will send out tickets for ALL applicants so we hope you can come and enjoy the day.

TEAMS DRAWN TO PARTICIPATE ARE:-

Tim Bennett Fencing

Darcy Heard

Charlie Hubbard

Lee Hampton

Colin Ferkin

Mike Ford

Robert Bell

Lewis Knox

Ptrick Gear

Daniel Critchlow

Charlie Village

Charlie Wright (Front Row Fencing)

Good luck to all of you!    Any questions please ask !!!

Thanks.

Hilary.

Think we need a veterans class. Extra hour, break for oxygen, blood or cpr. Cup of tea. Half way through and an ice bath and a free ambulance home. Sorted. After 5 2nds a 4th and a 6th I shall be watching from the other side. It looks easy from that side but I take my hat off to anyone who competes. As one spectator said one year " I love hard work ...... I can sit and watch it for hours !!!!" And one year after the starting hooter went and some teams were digging like mad dear old Malcolm comes up to me as I was digging at a steady old rate and said " you can start now everyone else has !!! " (tortoise and the hare I told him). Love the entry form where it says what would you spend the money on. I put one year. Liposuction for me and cosmetic surgery for Donk. Just want to say to all the entrants new and old all the best

Think we need a veterans class. Extra hour, break for oxygen, blood or cpr. Cup of tea. Half way through and an ice bath and a free ambulance home. Sorted. After 5 2nds a 4th and a 6th I shall be watching from the other side. It looks easy from that side but I take my hat off to anyone who competes. As one spectator said one year " I love hard work ...... I can sit and watch it for hours !!!!" And one year after the starting hooter went and some teams were digging like mad dear old Malcolm comes up to me as I was digging at a steady old rate and said " you can start now everyone else has !!! " (tortoise and the hare I told him). Love the entry form where it says what would you spend the money on. I put one year. Liposuction for me and cosmetic surgery for Donk. Just want to say to all the entrants new and old all the best

Wise words Mr T

Don't know why but seem to be in it again this year ...! Looking forward to watching from the sidelines in another 2years time think 50 will be a good time to call it a day ????

Wise words Mr T

Don't know why but seem to be in it again this year ...! Looking forward to watching from the sidelines in another 2years time think 50 will be a good time to call it a day

they say with age come wisdom, so why and i the wrong side of 50 and im in there again

Well said Premnayloon. Good luck guys. First year I did it (2000????) I remember starting to dig like a nutter. After abiut five minutes I thought I was going to throw up. So then paced myself. Got down to within an inch of the right depth and the neighbouring team said that's our hole !!! It was. I zigged when I should of zagged. Felt like a kick in the guts but just got back on with it. So that year we dug 4 holes instead of 3. I know what a muppet. Still managed second though. The moral of the story is at some stage there will be a problem to overcome. Do your best, don't lose heart and pick yourself up and crack on. Good luck guys

Archived