Being eaten alive ...!

Charliehub

Sorry Charliehub. Couldn't resist it. We use jungle formula max strength (for fat boys) works well for us. Also a customer gave us a bottle of repel 100 from the same people Robbell mentioned. Works very well but smells like Pee. I haven't tried the trek 100 as Rob says yet. Picked the wrong can out of the truck once and not looking sprayed myself with wd40. Got ate alive but it freed me up a bit !!! I suppose different parts of the country get different insect problems ? On old pasture or near cattle / horses we get what we call grey or horse flies. They love a juicy fencer. It may be me but they seem to be getting bigger each year unless what I'm comparing them to us getting smaller ????

Ha .. The horse flys are the biggest problem here they seem to sneak up on you and the first thing you know is when they have already bitten you .. And they really like me at the mo I'm struggling to get my right boot on as my ankle is so swollen ... Don't think I will try the WD40

Don't want too many swellings like that Charliehub ! Back in 2002 when we did the fencing comp. I picked up Donk in the early hours. He said he felt rough as he had been bitten by a big horsefly the day before and it was swelling up. I said let's leave it there's always another year. He wouldn't hear of it. Anyway we did the comp and he sweat twice as much as normal. Poor ****** looked rough. Anyway I dropped him back late that night. The next morning he rang and said he went to hospital that night and they lanced the lump and scooped out all the poison ( it was the size of a golf ball ) and gave him some serious antibiotics. They said if he left it till morning he probably would of had blood poisoning!!! Keep safe out there guys.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update on this having been working along side a large pond last week loads of horse flys and must admit even though me and Ian smell like a couple of older lady's off for a night out at the bingo the Avon skin so soft appears to work ...! And it's only £2.50 a bottle not sure if it improves the softness of the skin may take a few more applications to improve my hands ?

Archived