spalding smooth grip wire strainers

digga

hi has anyone used  these

https://www.spaldings.co.uk/grounds-maintenance/website/grounds-maintenance/smooth-grip-wire-strainer  

any good ? normally use hayes  got 2 sets  but got a job coming up 9 line  wires  so was  looking at getting a few sets of these  to  make the job easier . 

know they  wont  be up to the quality of hayes ones  cant expect them  to be for the price 

My first tensioner, I bought them thinking they were Hayes. Because spaldings brand others as their true craft brand Same chain size, interchangeable with Hayes. They are lighter. If it's all that was available I'd be happy enough with them. I have Hayes and the monkey grip type as well now.

Have 2 sets of haynes chain tensioners which use all the time lasted well. Was looking at these as more of a backup for the few line wire jobs I get. When would be handy to have more sets .cost of buying several pairs of Haynes is fairly expensive. bulk of the time only need the 2 chain strainers

yes   was just  thinking of having them for  the few times when  you need more  than  2 set of chain strainers . for line wire  jobs.  but most field fencing  i do is  stock + 2 strands of barb or plain above so use clamps and  my  2 sets of haynes i have all ready works well  if i thought the others would  get a lot of  use would defiantly  go  for  more haynes or strain rite  but be more money when most of the time would be in the shed  just coming out for the odd jobs where needed 

tools i use all the time i buy quality as you get what you pay for i know that . but these wont get used  that often only a handfull of times i need more than  the 2 sets  i all ready  have . 

Archived