health and safety

Robbell

• 10 months later...

Bryce now fit a small guard on the post cap to prevent hand trap injuries and have for quite a few years fitted a dead mans handle on the hammer control and now also have it as default that pushing the lever forward raises the hammer and pulling lowers, this is opposite to how they used to be, easier retro-alteration possible if you want to.

Thanks for posting this. Its a very sad situation, a life severely changed. Ive seen the guard on Bryce equipment. Figured out that's why its there but like all freak accidents, couldn't a similar thing happen and a wrist/arm be broken instead.

Members of my family have had serious hand injuries through freak accidents with machines, the only thing you can do to not have them is not use any machines at all. Its like the lottery it just sometimes happens and you cannot take the human response out of the human or change the laws of physics.  I have got away with things over the years, I have done things then thought afterwards what if? Stupid Boy!  Awareness is vital.

Chainsaws need to be sharp to work. Want wood cut quick?  Use chainsaw, and so on.

the thing with chainsaws is there are no restrictions on buying them, ANYONE can buy them yet to buy pesticide you are supposed to have your nptc card, a 10 year old could in theory buy a chainsaw,

i work a saw , my ticket is expired but at least i was given training, the test itslef is un frogiving, 

take one step with saw and chainbreak not on, automatic fail.

start the saw within 6 ft of fuel can, again automatic fail.

yet buy a big saw, for cutting 2-3 inch sticks, despite never having even picked one up before , oh yes go ahead.

Archived