Price per meter

Archie

Iv noticed over years where ever o go different areas charge different rates per meter. Sometimes I think I must be to expensive. Next person I speak to and I seem cheap. The most common type of fencing I do is ht/8/80/15 rylock. 3.15 ht plain bottom wire and barb or Elec above. Posts @ 3 m. For average terrain and let's say 150 m +. Supply and erect I'd usually charge around £4.50 per meter and £30 per strainer post with stays. How does this compare with you guys

Hot topic at times. I kno what you mean, I price a job that I think,I should get and told I am too expensive price a job expensive as I don't want it and seem to get it. Being told I am cheapest. No rhyme or reason.

My prices vary greatly as so many different conditions, but I would be around 5ish for our spec, maybe less if we had lots of straight runs and more on difficult stuff. We also have some awkward customers for them I add what is known as dirty otter tax. dirty otter tax does vary depending on the size of the dirty otter.

I have the hagglers 10%. If I know someone is going to haggle me down in price I add 10% to quote. Then knock of 5% when they haggle. They're delighted as they think they have a bargain. I'm delighted as there actually still paying 5% more than anyone else

Archived