Dog fencing

tepapa

Been asked to quote for a dog fence round a field. 

Thought id keep the post open regarding size of dog as they will need different style fences but what styles, type/size nettings have people used to keep dogs contained, on a field scale, to keep them apart from livestock?

Goaty, know what you mean with 'chicken netting' being unimpressive, a customer one asked me to install 1800mm high enclosure out of it, perhaps I hadn't quite got the technique right but couldnt get it hanging evenly off the tensioned plain wire I hogringed it to- it seemed to be baggy in areas and not terribly convincing as an enclosure anyway! never used it since and prefer nicely strained horse net instead

Goaty, know what you mean with 'chicken netting' being unimpressive, a customer one asked me to install 1800mm high enclosure out of it, perhaps I hadn't quite got the technique right but couldnt get it hanging evenly off the tensioned plain wire I hogringed it to- it seemed to be baggy in areas and not terribly convincing as an enclosure anyway! never used it since and prefer nicely strained horse net instead

It stretches in every direction whilst giving and sagging in every direction. Best used nailed to chicken runs or rails if for rabbit fences.

• 1 year later...

Archived