Annoying things that happen whilst fencing.

Matt on the Moors

Pointless thread really , but 2 things that come to mind really annoy me, first when your stapleling upand one flicks off into the undergrowth on first hit with hammer, replace it only for it to happen again. Happens a lot with Chestnut I find. The other is when your tying off netting or plain wire and an end springs/flicks on to your fingernail, it really hurts and seems to happen to me all the time.

I'm sure there are plenty of other little occurances that irritate- feel feee to add your own.

When people come and hold you up chatting. Not everyone, just the sort that makes a mental cloud descend when you catch them out your eye corner heading your way.

When a fence line is 2 ft longer than the net. Solution go big time with a huge roll and dispenser.

Solution to Matt an Tepapas staple issues. Stockade. Both systems on the shopping list.

Taking a strainer of the forks , standing up against the hedge, moving forward and just clipping the post so it falls down between the tractor and hedge but not noticing until your out the cab and half way round the the back . Then repeat the process .

Actually the funny thing is, most of them aren't one time fencers at all, but landowners who struggle on year after year doing **** fencing with nothing more than a drivall and some fencing pliers!

My Dad has had his own farm for over 35 years, only last year did he go and get a set of Hayes wire strainers and a gripple tool!

Today the usual fencing annoyance

Pulling out line wire and the jenny wheel sticks just 3 yards from the end strainer.and its always on long pulls when wheel is at top of a hill.

When you get back to wheel it requires just a light flick with finger.

I usually give it a two fingered flick.

Staples stabbing in your fingers and under your nails when your picking them up out of the bucket.

I've got a splinter (it's really more like half a strainer...bloody huge) nearly to the second knuckle under a nail since last Sunday.  I'd rather have a gaping flesh wound so it looked like it felt!

I tend to find if your post and railing if you've got a rail that's running behind a holly or anything prickly and you've just wedged yourself round the back of it with prickles in your **** and your back, balancing the rail on one foot and the other end just being held in place with the tip of your little finger and thumb ....and the nail guns always run out of nails

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived