Knocker insurance

HenryG

Bought new tracked knocker last week, phoned nfu today to insure it with the other tracked knocker that they already insure, for some reason the new machine is nearly twice the price to insure...... does anyone on here insure their knockers with anyone other than nfu?? Thanks in advance.

I use trust insurance based in Northamptonshire. They are a small company which I have my vehicles, house, P.L, E.L plant and tool cover with. I think to insure everything plant and tool related was about £750 including my vector.

I Insure with the NFU and have a tradesman policy for my business. I have a contractors plant section with covers me for up to £100,000 for all my plant  like the tracked knocker and the digger etc. Anything that doesn't go on the road is covered under this. Anything else comes under my tractor policy which is separate. My whole business insurance is just over £1600/yr, tractor is £640

Nfu wouldn't insure mine, because they wanted it on a separate vehicle policy. I'm with towergate now.

Not saying it is no good, but I had major problems with towergate when insuring through the federation of small business. I thought they would be on my side, but they were bad. Just make sure you are clear what you ask for and bear in mind if you have a problem, you can ask for a copy of the recorded calls they keep. It toook a while, but they had to let me have them. They may be fine for you as they are only a broker at the end of the day.

Not saying it is no good, but I had major problems with towergate when insuring through the federation of small business. I thought they would be on my side, but they were bad. Just make sure you are clear what you ask for and bear in mind if you have a problem, you can ask for a copy of the recorded calls they keep. It toook a while, but they had to let me have them. They may be fine for you as they are only a broker at the end of the day.

I understand what you mean charlie, but we've had problems with the nfu in the past, they won't even look at the fencing side anymore, the farm the farm they're still too dear on,

Archived