Trailer for tracked knocker

Folly Fencing

Hello Folly fencing, 2.5/2.7 tons would not be correct I'm of the understanding that they are nearer 2.9 tons and bear in mind tools on board mud on tracks fuel etc. I had an evo 1 on order and researched trailers after hearing about the Bateson trailers having problems with bending axles, I spoke to Bateson and they basically said most lads were carrying to much weight and if you were to hit a pothole this could happen so ok I thinks let's go Ifor Williams so I bought the GH 1054 plant trailer at 640kg about 50kg more than Bateson nice trailer to. So after 20 weeks I go to pick up said evo 1 very excited only to get there and go to weigh bridge and find I was overweight. I had taken of the 300kg weight and put in back of pickup (ford ranger 3.2 6000kg gvw) on the day I had removed all my tools from said pickup and knowing they needed to go back in I realised I was never going to be able to move machine about legally I would have been at least 300kg overweight so then if I was to have an accident insurance would have been invalid so now have a unwanted ifor Williams. I have stayed with my original set up 1.8 ton digger just built my third post knocker for that and sorry about bragging but it is superb now has capability to knock in 12ft posts if ever required have also uprated boom ram to help things along hope this helps Mark.

Mark- that's the second time youve bought fancy fencing tackle only to revert to good old homemade digger setup- I think that speaks volumes.

If you get a moment I'd love to see pics of your new knocker if you fancy sharing the recipe!

Agree, I think most contractors running tracked knockers are overweight with them behind a pickup. I keeping thinking about converting a protect P30 contractor model (550kg) and put it on a smaller 2ton tracked dumper or even take digging arm off 1.5 digger and mount a knocker onto the king post to get 360 rotation whilst keeping the weight in nice and close...

Hey Matt well observed two attempts and now back to trusted digger lesson learned. The new boom ram makes a huge difference lifts the knocker like it's not there have to be sensible and not try a large weight on it even though it will lift no problem don't want to damage digger or tip over. Next project is extending the tracks out another track width our local plant hire boys are game on for that bigger footprint again. I will email photos over no problem not yet painted as I'm just in the process of doing its rockspike will be interested in your thoughts once you've had a peak cheers Mark.

Hello nb844, no problem just let me have your email and I will send over photos, As you have read I have gone down the tractor and evo route and still ended up back with my digger, just last week I had to cut hedges back first so on goes the Slanetrac HC150 hedge cutter then knock posts in dry hard ground just used a bit of water for the strainers 2.4m 150 to 175 dia then a very simple home made wire dispenser which will handle wire + two strands barb all of this done by one machine and just me and the dog then everything loads back onto trailer and comes in under 3500kg hope you will find the photos interesting cheers Mark

Archived