Tying small box wires

oregonfarmfencer

53 minutes ago, Thegoatman22 said:

I have started using the t gripples for the top and bottom line, because I hate to tie that thicker wire, especially on the bottom line. But it would be like 20 bucks to die off no climb with t gripples

Are you using low carbon wire? The low carbon stuff is so easy to tie compared to the high tensile I wouldnt bother with t clip gripples. 

4 hours ago, West Fork Fence said:

T Gripple, unless I'm just trying to prove to someone that a termination knot is possible in no climb even though it's impractical.  If you know where to buy them, they aren't all that expensive. 

http://www.farmfencetalk.co.uk/gallery/image/625-1348-2-torus-on-galvanized-ss40-pipe/

I like the t clip gripples, but always struggle with the tension curve not letting the wire pull through. Plus with 1348-3 it seems like you have to strip off knots till kingdom come. 

We only use high tensile, Tornado, in particular.  

A larger top and bottom line wire actually makes a HT net wire inferior, because it essentially guarantees slack line wires. 

You can straighten a tension curve easily.....when using a consistent wire....less than a couple seconds per wire.

Stripping knots is easy. 

We use the tclips on 4x4 and smaller.

However you can fashion you a tool rather easily. A small piece of brakeline works very well.  A small 1/4 inch drive deep socket also work's.  You just need something to slide over the tag end with a edge to catch on the tight wire. And as you turn it the tag slips through making a nice wrap. 

• 5 months later...

I use 2.5mm wire and do however many termination knots i need to suit the netting, leaving enough of a tail and then crimp the tails to the netting and job done. Tieing off horse netting is very fiddly and also netting is much more likely to snap whilst doing so than straight plain wire. Alternatively do the same using standard gripples and use it to tension to, especially on shorter stretchs. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/12/2018 at 06:37, MikeW said:

I use 2.5mm wire and do however many termination knots i need to suit the netting, leaving enough of a tail and then crimp the tails to the netting and job done. Tieing off horse netting is very fiddly and also netting is much more likely to snap whilst doing so than straight plain wire. Alternatively do the same using standard gripples and use it to tension to, especially on shorter stretchs. 

I was just coming on to ask about doing this instead of striping knots and tying the non climb. I hate stripping non climb, so time consuming

Archived