Solonet or Quickfencer?

Danvan

I’ve been toying with the idea of these types of machines for a while. Any suggestions as to which is better? I’ve always tied off at each end, with box strainers. The Quickfencer looks more versatile with different attachments etc, but the solo net clamp system may be better?? Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

How will you be using it, loader mount or three point?   In my limited experience with both of them, the Solo seems a bit better thought out.  I tried a QF on a skid steer, and never could get as tight as I wanted, and I don't think the side load was doing the loader arms any good.  The two Solo's I've been around were tractor and Solo track mounted, respectively.   Only got to see one hitch with the little one, but the big Solo net was impressive, for the most part.   Again, my experience with each is fairly limited.

Tepapa has a pair of Solo nets, so maybe he'll be along soon.   

• 2 weeks later...

Make your own... I did, cost about £500 all in, specifically for deer fencing although will do all other heights.

Mounting it on the front loader of a tractor is not the best in my experience unless it's very large and we'll built.  A tele handler is much better, stronger and you can simply boom out to tighten.  In the mud I have had issues with the netting/clamp arm being so far to one side that the tractor gets pulled about when driving forwards to strain up. But less so with a tele handler. 

Archived