Rabbit fencing

Frontrowfencing

Hello all,

I am sure this is something many of you have done or tried, but I have been trying for the last few years to make a plough for rabbit fencing that will do the job all in one pass. Has anyone successfully managed it or got any tips or pictures.

We have tried all sorts but still find the best way is a mini digger to dig a trench and then backfill. If I had a plough that dug and laid net at the same time I think it would reduce the cost considerably.

Everytime I get somewhere near i make an adjustment and it changes somethign else.

Will be a happy man if I ever get it working.

I borrow a rabbit net plough off a farmer that was set up for doing it in one pass . But I have never run a net through it I just use it to make the trench . It is a good bit off kit with side shift and a mast tilt for keeping the plough close to the fence and at the right angel when on steep side . Thinck the problem they had with runing net at the same time as ploughing was when the shear bolt went and it destroyed the net. Can get some pics off it

A good few years back we made one from a small plough that we found in a hedge we cut it off and welded a flat plate above it so it could be bolted to the bottom of the leg on the Suma. Using the hydralic leg to set the depth it worked quite well but it did not have a disc this would have helped a lot never got any further than that...!

There is chap around me that has a machine with a shakerator leg to rip through and bury netting at the same time, think he uses 300m rolls on it and pulls it behind the tractor. Its very quick but the quality isn't great and when its hard it struggles to go in. I don't think you can beat a 7t digger with offset boom, you can work all year round as you have the power to dig. These old plough set ups are alright but they wont go in, in hard conditions and don't go deep enough imo, Also you still need to dig some out in corners.

Hi guys, thansk for help.

Seen the farmers weekly one, but nevere seen it work. And no contact details. As for that you tube video rob, very nice indeed. Looks a good machine, similar to the lines we have gone down, but that is much bigger I think.

Will see if I can pause it and get a closer look.

Now if anyone can just tell me where I can get a bit of spare time from, I will,get on and get it finished.

Hi guys, thansk for help.

Seen the farmers weekly one, but nevere seen it work. And no contact details. As for that you tube video rob, very nice indeed. Looks a good machine, similar to the lines we have gone down, but that is much bigger I think.

Will see if I can pause it and get a closer look.

Now if anyone can just tell me where I can get a bit of spare time from, I will,get on and get it finished.

spare time is available before work and after work, so thats while your at school and after you retire

Archived