Petrol post driver

stevew

Bought a petrol post driver at the APF show, for all the small jobs that we can't get the bigger machines into, really don't rate it, the lads won't use it, we find it noisy and ineffective has anyone else got one. Not the best purchase Should have saved the money !

I tried one once and was useless, they are too light. I bought and Atlas Copco LPDT which I run of a 30 lpm powerpack, ive got a 4" round adaptor and a 5"x3" square sawn one too. It is very effective at knocking posts in but quite an effort to get about and bloody heavy! at 33kg + the pipes its a bit of a handful but will knock a petrol one into next week! Thought I would use it all the time but in all honesty have only knocked in about 50 posts in a year!

33 kg plus pipe full off oil that what put me off am sure it will knock in post well. I went for the pickit postdriver only use it for 3x3 post works well 18 kg heavy enough for knock them in light enough to Handel . Only draw backs that av had is in cold weather it can ice up and at the moment getting striking dolls

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought it from picket post driver uk, the problem I'm having just now is he has shut up shop . If you find anybody in the uk that is dealing with picket post driver or is willing to start dealing with them pass on my details , cheers ! !

i THINK QUICK FENCER DO THEM NOW OR SOMETHING SIMILAR TO THE PICKET

Archived