tractor

Hi we have a NewHolland TS 135 real good middle range tractor 135 hp not to big and clumsy or to small to carry weight, ( really difficult to find this model ) but the downside it only has a 40 kph box. It's a really good bit of kit though We have a PRO FENCER on the front links

I use the tracked machine for most fencing but have a classic 5150 plus for moving it around! Have got a wrag knocker which I use with the tractor on some jobs and its got a decent mx loader which is handy, have an auger I use on the loader too. For me personally, I cant see the benefit for me having too much money tied up in a new tractor and don't think it justifies itself on the books, I also like my classic tractors and change them fairly regular if something else comes up that I fancy!

i run a Same 100.6 ( 100hp six cylinder) i have the tires full of water which adds weight and low down stability but does make it sluggish on the road.

4 wheel braking as it has brake hubs on the front and diff lock locks up all 4 wheels which means she grips like a mountain goat

front links for a quick fence and a P 400 on the back

Deutz are really good if you live next door to the dealer otherwise I wouldn't. I drove an Agrotron for 12 months and it was really user friendly but it also went wrong. A lot!

I run my little New Holland T5050. 97hp but pump turned to 110hp with loader. Carry my toolbox in the grab on loader, can unload/carry post, clear hedges and pull net.

Its small enough to get in tight places, and low to jump in an out off. I tried a new bigger tractor on demo, but couldn't get under hedges or in tight corners and couldn't wait for my little tractor to come back.

Have had to drill a hole inside the valve cover though, as the Bryce will return oil quicker than the tractor can handle.

New Holland t6010 (100 hp) with loader and protech p230 on the back. Not to big but but fuel hungry compared to the old deutz I use to use (dx86 and agrotron 600). Thinking of getting an auger to go on the 1.5ton mini digger for getting in the right spots for strainers etc.

We have a old mf 390 with a wrag knocker. The 390 is used for every thing, pulling forwarding trailer, fire wood deliverys, general work vehicle, getting a valtra with loader in a few week off a sister farm / estate, hoping that will help the fencing job, will leave it a week or 2 before asking for a pro fencer/ easy fencer.

• 3 weeks later...

Landini 135 doing the job for me plenty power for your £££ . Runs the postdriver sweet *** all day . Morden but simple tractor. Plus the landini dealer just 2 mile down the road

We've ran a couple of 100hp Landini over the years. Like you say, simple tractor with decent components, will run a Bryce no probs. Also the dealers tend to be smaller so get a personal service from them.

We have managed a bryce suma on a case 4230 for 4 yrs. Now considering an upgrade. Likely to a JD 6000 series.

The case has managed but with the 400kg weight postcap and adaptercap, it struggles.

The thing fencing is you use the tractor for so little time yet really need it.

• 3 weeks later...

I run a Same Dorado 86, quite a small tractor but very good power to weight. Uses very little diesel getting to jobs and as someone else mentioned above the 4 wheel disc braking makes it very nice to use on steep ground.

It has a quick attach loader too but I have had it on once since august- I hate having a loader when fencing- too bulky and I have my digger there on bigger jobs to assist with pre grading/loading materials/pulling out old wire and posts.

I often think that a tractor is a lot of money tied up for fencing- so always looking for ways to not have one even though I love the Same. Just ordered a new Protech p18 for my digger so will see how I get along with that!

Av got tractor and tracke knocker but have no got lowloder just get lorry to shift it the guy is good to deal with and is happay to put on materal aswell means I can just show up with the pick up and a other load off materal.i usually have the tracked machine on jobs away from home and the tractor for local work.

Works well for me

Archived