Whats straining clamp are you using?

tommy7840

I think i know the one you mean that was on ebay.The one i am using is a diamond brand one (I think) which is the wedge type.Its very quick to use but has a habit to slip on the wire which isnt handy!!!!!! I have welded it up tonight so im hoping it will be better for now but i need to find a very good alternative.

Neither of mine slip. Just takes a couple of minutes minutes to set up. I have never used the knock in wedges type, they must work, in my mind though they are a shock load the on the wires when you knock them tight.

I bought a drivall blue one which is ok. I have had it slip a couple of times but not many. I have since made some more very similar to the drivall ones as handy to have couple of sets. I bought the steel and managed to make 3 stock netting ones and one for horse netting for the price of one bought one.

I use strainrite pullers to tension the wire, one on the top and one on the bottom chained to the strainer.

When you say you tension with the tractor I presume you mean pull the wire tight with it. I use to do that before getting the pullers.

They are expensive but a lot more controlled than using the tractor and you don't have to think which way to pull ie where you can get the tractor as you pull off the strainer.

Use both wedge type and drivel type only problem is with the threads on the bolts when they get covered in mud tend to strip out and fail. Also use strainrite chains much easier and yes very jealous of the profencer users if only I could afford one.

Didn't know we could afford professors in the fencing business!

Predictive interfered again I take it.

To answer your question I think on the smaller net height you can lift the machine high to clear the posts then lower.

Deer net, I would be curious as to how to do that. Bend some slack round with the arm tilted hydraulically I'd guess.

With internal corners you just pull past the corner posts a few meters then reverse back a bit to give you another of slack and lift the wire over the post then you can pull the slack back through the clamp then clamp it up and tighten it .

Yes we do tend to pull it using the tractor or mini digger if we have it on site.I think some good chain strainers will be a future purchase as well as buying or maybe just making a clamp.The one we use for horse netting is home made and does work really well.

With internal corners you just pull past the corner posts a few meters then reverse back a bit to give you another of slack and lift the wire over the post then you can pull the slack back through the clamp then clamp it up and tighten it .

obviously the profencer is a well designed and well made bit of kit from a professional contractor but I am also wondering about corners if you are going behind the corner post and said post is right into the corner how do you have any room to pull? And also Hamps valley previous point has got me wondering how you do that.

Archived