Europe In or Out? - Cast your vote!

SimonE

Europe in or Out  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain in the European Union

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

Well I am going to vote in I don’t really won’t to but I think we are in more of a fragile situation economically than we all really know.

I think a split could really upset the apple cart the French farmers will spit there dummy out if we vote out and make life for our farmers  more difficult live exports our lamb etc.

The money we will save    by not giving it to the EU   could definably help our hospitals, schools. Armed forces, and police.

But if I am totally honest it wouldn’t surprise me if any excess money   wasn’t spent on duck sheds wild parties and plastic bags and crates of oranges.

Basically the government would waste it find jobs for non-producing pen pushing good for nothings

Public sector workers.

My two pennorth for what its worth

Politics isn't going to produce a good solution for everyone, whatever happens. Big talk, little action. Things overlooked. Somebody gains, somebody looses.

People including politicians only out for they own.

On a local level when a primary school is threatened with closure or a local speed limit is wanted. Folk are passionately out in force. Couldn't give two hoots about the next village wanting a speed limit or a school were their kids don't go to .

Europe in or out. Will be a political tangle and expense either way.

Not being a particularly clever person, the way I see it is neither side can truthfully say what will happen in the the future. It's pretty obvious the government want us to stay. We had a visit to Cornwall yesterday by Boris. He was saying they would look after the farmers and fishermen on leaving . Ideal ..........but will they ? As I said not being clever I could never work out how a single currency could ever work with countries ranging from Greece to Germany. As for trade if someone wants to buy a product they will whether we are a member or not. I personally think there will be a lot of turmoil in Europe over the next 10 years whether we are in or out. I say out. Take control of our own country. Man up and get out !!!

This weeks issue of Farmers Weekly 13 May 2016 page 14 states that in 2018 the European Union will start to reform the CAP common agricultural policy ( where the UK farmers get funding and subsidies from ) and that funding will come DOWN !!! Due to budget constraints and the enlargement of the Union at present we pay in £12.9bn in and receive a rebate of £4.4bn a net contribution of £8.5bn It also states that if we come out of Europe the UK government is likely to continue to provide funding to farmers.

I think out, why tie ourselves to a sinking ship. We won't be popular with the major powers (France Germany etc) but we are a major enough economy that the suggestions people won't trade with us are scaremongering.

As to CAP, there is no guarantee they will maintain funding if we stay in anyway. I'm definitely a 'why not' voter

I'm voting out, as I said the campaign fear, is a disgrace, the absolute drivel being spouted regarding the threat of war, is the kind of stuff I'd expect from a middle eastern despot.

For me it's strange that supposed neutral organisation and business people are given publicity if the want to remain, those who don't , are ignored.

The BBC are biased for in they showed by their disgraceful behaviour in the independence referendum how their impartiality can be quickly forgotten.

And also the eu total shafting of us in cap, fishing, and the way they coluded to ban our meat exports in the bse scare.

Because it would be classed as unfair competition the EU rules and legislation will not allow our government to wholeheartedly support our steel industry

At present the UK can be selective on who it allows into the country to visit or work as long as they live outside the EU. But if they live within the EU it's a free for all !!! In more ways than one. I personally think it's horrendous when people are allowed to visit this country and then claim benefits ( the money you work hard for and then to pay your taxes ) for them to send the benefits home to a foreign country

While we are members of the EU we will always get an influx of EU citizens into this country when our living wage is £7.20 per hour and some EU countries it's as low as £1.00 per hour.

The EU is supposed to be fair for all, but we don't start out on a level playing field and the country's that now want to join the EU in my opinion have more to gain than give otherwise why would they want to join, this must surely mean that the existing members must dig deeper into already empty pockets

I agree stevew. I don't mind one bit paying my taxes for the genuine in need of benefits. But the "benefits tourists" and shirkers make my blood boil. Usually after a really bad/wet day when we are soaked wet through sh#t high and probably only earnt bran for ducks. That's when I think of them ! Years ago had an old guy work for me. One of a kind a total legend and good mate. He was about 62 and lived on a council estate nearby. Out of 20 houses in the street only 2 worked. Now he was not a big chap but tall and wirey. One day after a particularly hard day doing hand work out on the cliff edge in the middle of summer we were all totally knackered. He got home parked his car and walked down his street. Halfway down one of his neighbours was sat under a parasol in an easy chair drinking an ice cold beer with two more ice cold tins on the table beside him. He's was 28 nothing wrong with him and never worked a day in his life. Anyway as Al went by he shouted " thanks Al for working your guts out today so I can relax here and drink my ice cold beer " !!!! Well Al didn't take kindly to this. He jumped over a 5' beech hedge grabbed matey by the throat and poured the rest of his beer and the two cans down him !!!! He said he thought he was drowning at one stage. Anyway surprise surprise the neighbourhood was a lot quieter after that and Al became known as the sheriff. Al worked for me for 12 years and was a real friend. Poor ****** died of prostrate cancer 2 years ago. Still think of him most days. Who would have the dambusters theme playing as your coffin is carried into the church and the great escape theme on the way out !! Total legend. Miss you mate.

Here in Cornwall we have had quite a bit of European funding for various projects as they classify us as one of the more disadvantaged areas of the country. But even so all but one of the Cornish MPs are voting to leave. And the one voting stay is trying to "climb the political ladder" With the grant systems I know of people who operate them and made careers just for administering them. It's funny when the pot is getting low the grants become harder to get until the next round of money is handed out. Funny that ! Whichever way the vote goes there's going to be a lot of change in Europe in the next few years. I think both sides are scaremongering and the public just don't know who to believe. Probably half the voters don't give a damm as long as they get their benefits. Prime example. I did jury service 3 years ago. We went out to decide the case. I started the ball rolling but half the jury said and I quote "I don't give a sh#t what we vote I just want to go home for my tea " and they are going to help decide the fate of this country !!!!!! I'm still in the leave camp.

• 4 weeks later...

We should be out of Europe. People say they want 'the facts' to decide. There are only two real facts. If we come out we will save the £355 million a week that we pay in and we will be in control of or own country again. All the rest is 'opinion'. My opinion is that with trade we will do much better. We will still trade with Europe because they are desperate to trade with us and we will be able to trade with other parts of the world where at present Europe restricts us. I am still in favour of being friends with them, to co-operate on anti terrorism and police issues etc., but to control immigration, this country is FULL! We can't build roads fast enough before they are full of cars, let alone houses. There are too many people here, no matter what colour or religion. The EU is non democratic and dominated by Germay. The euro currency and the desire to let in all sorts of poor counties has started the decline of the EU and I think it will break up in the near future. Better to get out now and get ourselves sorted out. The reason a lot of politicians want to stay in, is because if we come out they will actually have to do some work to set up a new structure here. In the 40 years we have been in the EU, Britain has gradually got poorer. Remember that all these bankers and 'experts' that talk of doom if we leave, are the same ones who could not see the recession coming, despite it being obvious to a 3 year old.

Well poor dodgy Dave and Gideon,

Cameron acts like a spoilt brat, doesn't get the result he wants so leaving s someone else to sort it out.

Well Dave, this is your referendum, you called it and by your sheer arrogance, you badly miscalculated.

I am in the minority Scotland was a overwhelming in, and that is fair enough,

I am interested to see what happens, and this is the biggest political incident in my lifetime.

Project fear, didn't work.

Can I ask tornado what their view on this result is for them.

Sweden never joined the EU. They seem to thrive on exporting. Scania and Volvo trucks probably the best in the world. Dominant in many countries across the globe. Husqvarna equipment, a major part of the U.K. Forest and landscape market.

I remember reading about them being able to make their own rules to suit there specific needs such as 60ton gross weight for trucks instead of the 44 Europe has. I also remember reading about how Germany was going to dictate our road infrastructure. Restrict and lower the height of our traffic. Meaning less volume on trucks. This was based on their bridges being lower. Yet their railways are higher spec, the argument in the article was would the UK rule that Germany reduce their rail sizes.

I was born in Humberside, it was only a political glory stunt. It no longer exists as its east Yorkshire again. It just wasted lots of money. This will be the same, when it all dies down the average person will hardly notice, the modern connected world is far easier to trade in than the world the EU was born to. Farmers will probably get even more massive grants as MPs are land owners. Some will win and some will lose. That's the course of history and politics. We will still buy Chinese tat by the massive ship load.

Even though I'm taking the time to type this. I'd rather just get on with my work and make a difference to my life and my clients and their live stocks lives and welfare. I cannot babysit politicians, so am not likely to make any difference there.

I was shocked by the results and where the division was. How is it that Northern Ireland and Scotland both voted to stay? I guess you could argue that in the past when they had a chance to vote for independence from Britain they did not support it.

I do believe that the EU is going to fall apart and countries will be going bankrupt. This is going to affect us on our side of the pond too. While I think this may lead to a global depression, it had to be done. All we have been doing in the last several years is making the bubble bigger, bubbles eventually pop and it's going to be much worse because we've waited too long.

Archived