What post banger?

Adam

The machines do exactly what they should, better quicker and more accurately than any other I have seen,they cost more than others but are on new chaises you get what you pay for, jock Bryce is as straight as a dye,the whole family is involved in the development and manufacturing of the product, you can also get loads of accessories that make his machines unique . When i first spoke to Jock he told me i should only have one of his machines if i was serious about fencing as they were for professionals Our two machines are both less than 12 months old and have totally revolutionised the way we carry out our work. I know of no other post driver that will do what the Bryce dose

I was just wondering what everyones thought was too bryces tracked machine we are currently running at the moment the Vr 800 vulcan a bryce profi max with self leveling but that stoped working within the first month as something wrong with the electrice, a protech tracked machine, protech digger mounted one and a parmiter. Looking into getting rid of the tracked machine for one of bryces machines

• 5 weeks later...

I run a new Protech Evo 180 with 500kg hammer , back shift, side, and 180 degree slew with tele mast and total mast lift/lower. The build is superb and with mid and hydraulic front post cage it is a brilliant tool and a lot cheaper than the 'yellow' eqivilent. 2.1m track width and 50hp engine . Protech build a great machine and at a reasonable price not like some others. It's now my 4th Protech and second tracked driver.... Be lost without it.

• 4 months later...

Bryce suma 400kg weight here, with quadshift and adaptercap.  We run an ancient parmeiter before. The Bryce doubled our workrate instantly plus less bad back and ache issues . Gateposts banged in much quicker.

Jocks aftersales service couldn't of been better.

Vector on the tractor 400 kg hammer 90 mm rock spike will be for sale soon iff anyone inntreasted .going to get the bryce forester with 500 kg hamer Rock spike etc should be the job on the hill .

Got a bryce hd 180 tracked chaper about 6 month our so great bit off kit.iff u think about what u are doing u can work into most places using the weght transfer.am still getting used to it but evday day am getting a bit further .hitting power off a heavy weght but in a compact unit. Very happy chaper

i am interested in people's opinions on Mr Bryce, I know someone from this area who bought a chapper off jock Bryce,

Went all the way down to the borders in the winter in treacherous conditions to collect the machine,

He said that when he arrived at Mr Bryce place the chapper was on forks ready to load on to trailer,

And the only words from Bryce himself was have you got the cheque, no pleasantries from him, just wanted the money he found him to be a very rude man.

the chapper i hire is a wrag, and i have to say i have had no complaints using it,  the pivot is something that a bryce doesnt have and is very handy,  the contractor also likes it becasue its light and doesnt cause the tractor to slip when on sidelings, 

i ahve found no minus points with it and value for money certainly an excellent machine, 

the only thing it lacks and i told the contractor, is a comfy seat and a beer fridge fully stocked.

Protech 300 S + to give its full title rock spike 300 kg counterbalance. I have  had this machine some time and can’t fault it  little tricky with the 10 foot posts  if you’re not on level ground but has not  stopped me erecting several thousand meters of deer fencing  with it.

The Bryce by all accounts is a excellent machine but you never miss what you haven’t had.

i am interested in people's opinions on Mr Bryce, I know someone from this area who bought a chapper off jock Bryce,

Went all the way down to the borders in the winter in treacherous conditions to collect the machine,

He said that when he arrived at Mr Bryce place the chapper was on forks ready to load on to trailer,

And the only words from Bryce himself was have you got the cheque, no pleasantries from him, just wanted the money he found him to be a very rude man.

Everyone has their off days, not that Im excusing anything. I do imagine as anyone Bryce get their share of customers that irritate, after all you will of only heard one side of the story. I've also read other web myths against Jock and from telephone only acquaintance have always found him consistantly passionate about his equipment and his presale and aftersales commitment is the same.

If  someone was badgering him on price and rubbing other machine makers names in his face maybe he thought best to keep it simple that day.

I take people as I find them, if someone has been off with my family for example I don't pigeon hole them on someone elses account, after all everyone is different and imperfect.

If we dropped this subject to a vote, Im confident the vast majority of Bryce owners would speak of Jock as I've found him.

I made a comment at the top of this thread back on October 22. I still stand by that 100%

Someone once told me that you are not born Grumpy, it's how people treat you and what happens in life that makes you what you are.

Jock and his family are top people his equipment has saved me a fortune in time and made me efficient, he is probably not perfect, but his machine is. Ha ha

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got a Wrag swinground model with rockspike and the extending sideshift beam- good machine although has a few minor niggles. rams weep a bit at times and recently (after 2 years use) the postcap cracked a few welds. Hoses seem to get caught up fairly easily when im slewing the mast round and when using the rockspike ram but this can be fixed easily enough. Definiatly a good machine for the smaller tractor, mine only weighs 950kg with a 200kg weight.

I keep thinking I'll get a Bryce and be done with it as I could do with more clout at times- but lack of swing round woulld just be impossible on my higgledy piggledy Dartmoor fields!

• 3 weeks later...

Having met jock for the 1st time this year at lamma i can honestly say what a decent man he seems, was waiting 10 -15min while he was dealing with the chap before me so ended up talking to the son and had a good chat with him. When finally got to speak to jock he was very approachable and very helpful. Shame other reps and manafactures couldn't be like that.

Archived